Hot Dog Buns
(16 servings ~ 155 calories each)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 package (8 links) Hot dog links (beef, turkey, or chicken), cut each link in half
1. Prepare basic white bread dough with a bread machine, add garlic powder and dried basil along with other ingredients for bread dough. Put on dough cycle, press start.
2. After the dough cycle is completed, punch dough, then divde dough into 12 pieces and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. Wrap the dough around the hot dog link.
5. Place the dough on a baking sheet that is lined with baking paper, covered with plastic wrap, let it raise for 30-40 minutes or until doubled.
6. Preheat oven at 375F. Brush egg wash (1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water) on dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.