Stuffed Chicken Breast with Pumpkin sauce
(serves 8 ~ 146 calories, 164 calories with sauce)
for chicken breasts
4 individually frozen chicken breasts, thawed
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups fresh baby spinach
2 whole fresh mushrooms, diced
a few slices of zucchini, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 small onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Pam no stick cooking spray
for pumpkin sauce
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp ground garlic
1/8 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp dried basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 375F, line a baking pan with
aluminium foil and spray with Pam cooking spray,
2. Slice chicken breast into halves, pound chicken
breasts flat to 1/4 inch thickness. Season with salt
and pepper, set aside.
3. Saute baby spinach, mushrooms, zucchini,
garlic and onion with Pam cooking spray in a
small pan. Let cool and set aside.
4. Lay chicken breast flat on a chopping board, sprinkle Parmesan and Swiss cheese, then put the sauteed vegetable mixture on top of the cheese. Roll chicken breast then secure with two toothpicks.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until chicken breasts are no longer pink. *I cooked them too long, so they came out kind of dry :( It might be better to cover the chicken with aluminium foil next time.
6. While the chicken is having a sun bath, prepare pumpkin sauce by putting all the ingredients into a sauce pan and heat it up.
7. Discard toothpicks from chicken breasts. Pour about two tbsp of pumpkin sauce on top of the chicken breasts. Enjoy!
This recipe is pretty simple. You may use any kind stuffing you like :)