Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Low Fat Pumpkin Ravioli

I don't know what has gotten to me the other day.  I was craving for pumpkin!  The naturally sweet, mushy and fresh pumpkin...hmmm...  Pumpkin is loaded with vitamin A and other antioxidants, yet it's low in calories.  It's easy to find in grocery stores.  They come in fresh or in cans.  This is my first time working with pumpkin.  I'm actually not going to bake it today :)  rather, I made ravioli. 



Low Fat Pumpkin Ravioli
(24 servings ~ 43 calories each, 0.3 grams of fat)
recipe adapted from here

Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
24 wonton wrappers (I used medium thickness)

Directions:
1. Combine 1 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.











2. Spoon about 1-2 tsp pumpkin mixture into center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; bring 2 opposite sides together to form a triangle, pinching edges with a fork to seal.













































3. Place ravioli into a large saucepan of boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt; cook until ravioli floats on top of the water and drain in a colander.










Leftovers, will save them for later!













I also made pumpkin soup










Pumpkin ravioli with mushroom sauce and tofu noodles
healthy and low fat :)
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment