I love baking cupcakes. You can do so much with them! This time I baked Halloween cupcakes :)
24 servings ~ 172 calories each
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup light or fat free sour cream
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 egg whites
4 reduced fat Oreo cookies
1 package Pocky chocolate cream covered biscuit
12 pieces white fudge covered pretzels
2 cups Confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F, line a standard muffin pan with cupcake liners, set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix by mixing cake mix, water, egg whites, applesauce and sour
cream. Beat mixture on slow speed for 30 seconds then switch to medium speed
for 2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into muffin tin 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes until toothpick
comes out clean. Let cool completely.
4. Prepare frosting: in a medium bowl, cream butter with an electric hand mixer, add
Confectioner's sugar, coco powder, vanilla extract and milk, beat until it is
the right consistency for frosting.
6. Remove the cream filling from Oreo cookies, crash the cookies in a food
processor, then dip the frosted cupcakes into Oreo cookie crumbs.