Pistachios Cranberry Biscotti
(24 servings ~ 103 calories each)
original recipe from allrecipe
4 tbsp light olive oil
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp dried cranberries
1 cup roasted and salted shelled pistachio nuts
1 tsp orange zest
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
Directions:1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla, almond, and orange extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in orange zest, cranberries, and nuts by hand.
3) Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4) Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F.
5) Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
6) Optional: melt chocolate in a small bowl in a microwave. Dip biscottis with chocolate, sprinkle any toppings as you like.